Kitchen Remodeling Ideas – A Practical Approach
Filed under: Flooring, Kitchen, Kitchen Cabinets, kitchen countertop, Kitchen Remodeling, Lighting
Today kitchens are more than just a place to prepare the food; in fact, kitchens have become a gathering place where family members spend quality time with one another while sharing a delicious meal and catching up on the events of each day. Thus, remodeling the central gathering room where the family members spend much of their time is of great importance. No wonder that kitchen remodeling is known to be one of the most important factors in increasing home value.
There are many ideas and options when it comes to remodeling your kitchen. There are renovations that are costly and there are renovations that are simple and inexpensive. As detailed in my previous post, Inexpensive Kitchen Remodel Ideas, you don’t have to win the lottery to afford kitchen renovation. There are simple remodeling tasks that greatly enhance the image of your kitchen. If you need to learn about inexpensive kitchen renovation, click the link above to read that post.
Purpose of Kitchen Remodeling
There are mainly three reasons why homeowners look to remodel their kitchen. The first reason could be to increase their home value; the second reason may be to add extra space and cabinetry. The third reason may be to update, modernize and beautify the overall image of kitchen. In order to better prepare yourself for your kitchen remodeling, determine what you are trying to achieve by remodeling your kitchen.
Where to Find Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
Before you begin remodeling, you need to know what to renovate. There are few places where you can get kitchen remodeling ideas from. The first is to visit new homes in your area to see what builders have done. By visiting these homes, you can learn about popular trends in your area as well as the type of material used. Another source is kitchen remodeling magazines as well as free online resources. Finally, you can visit your local home improvement stores to see kitchen designs on display or visit their show rooms.
Popular Kitchen Remodeling ideas
Renovation and remodeling does not necessarily mean knocking down walls and ripping out floors. Some simple renovations can have a major impact on the final look of your kitchen. As stated earlier we will start with simple renovations first.
Simple Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
1) New appliances – If your current kitchen are old looking, you can greatly enhance the look of your kitchen by installing new stainless steel or other trendy appliances.
2) Door knobs and handles – cabinet door knobs are very inexpensive, easy to install and they make your kitchen look modern and beautiful
3) Reface Cabinets- You can save money and time by re-facing (replacing) your cabinet doors and then stain the space between the cabinets. Be sure to choose a color that is fashionable and goes well with your kitchen.
4) Install new Laminate Countertop- Laminate countertops are easy to install and are quite inexpensive. You can buy a 10’ countertop for only 50-60$ and you can have your local store cut the countertop so that you fit the sink though it.
5) Faucets – Faucets are simple to install and they bring lots of charm and elegance to your kitchen.
6) Painting – Once all is done, you should give your kitchen a fresh code of paint to truly bring your dream kitchen into life.
7) Replacing old electrical outlets on the wall with new trendy electrical outlets
Major Kitchen Remodeling ideas
1) Installing backsplash and back wall – In order to modernize your bathroom you need a stylish backsplash and back wall that goes well with your countertop and your cabinetry.
2) Install Pot-lights – lighting is one of the most important factors that enhances the look of any room. Kitchen is no exception and pot-lights are quite stylish and inexpensive to install. Be sure to hire a professional electrician to run the wires.
3) Add Kitchen Islands – if you have the space in your kitchen and are looking to increase your storage and cabinetry, you could then install a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are stylish and they add extra space which is very practical and make working in the kitchen a pleasure.
4) Flooring – Flooring is one of the more challenging aspects of kitchen remodeling. However, tastefully chosen ceramic tiles bring much elegance to your kitchen.
5) Installing Granite Countertop- Granite, and stone surface are the most stylish as well as the most expensive kitchen remodeling tasks. If you decide to install granite instead of laminte or be sure to hire the assistance of professional kitchen contractors.
6) You may also choose to replace all your kitchen cabinetry with brand new cabinets. Even though this task may not be as complicated as installing granite countertop, it does take lots of effort and time to rip out the old cabinetry and assemble and install the new cabinets.